Thursday, January 6, 2011

Slice of (musical) heaven in 2011

OK it was just a regular City Rock Showgram. Well somewhat regular. I played some of my favorite tracks from 2010 between 7 and 8:30 (I will post that playlist by this weekend when I retrieve the info.). The 80s at 8:30 featured artists who released recordings in 2010 or late 2009 and were doing the same back in the day.

New tracks

6 pm hour

Stereolab -- Laserblast
The Pomegranates -- Skull Cakin
Warpaint -- Set Your Arms Down
Viva -- What's Your Sign Baby?
Crocodiles -- Sleep Forever
Grinderman -- What I Know
Marnie Stern -- The Things You Notice

7 pm hour

Devils Brigade -- Gentlemen of the Road
John Wesley Coleman -- Get High Babe
Deerhunter -- Coronado

8 pm hour

Bobby Bare Jr. -- The Sky is the Ground

(Most of the 2010 stuff I played is no longer in the "new" rack at the station, so I CANNOT include it in my "new tracks" list!)

The 80s at 8:30

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds -- The Mercy Seat (TV video mix) / 2010 release by Grinderman
Mission of Burma -- Fight Academy Songs/ 2010 release by Mission of Burma
Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians -- Goodnight I Say / 2010 release by Robyn Hitchcock and the Venus 3
Green on Red -- Track You Down / 2010 release by Green on Red member Chuck Prophet
Jason and the Scorchers -- Help There's a Fire/ 2010 release by Jason and the Scorchers
Laurie Anderson -- Sweaters/ 2010 release by Ms. Anderson
Dream Syndicate -- Tell Me When It's Over / 2010 release by Steve Wynn and the Miracle 3
Dinosaur Jr -- Just Like Heaven/ 2010 release by Dino Jr. member Lou Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment