Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's Not Christmas without the Ventures Christmas LP

I had to play the Ventures, which was a staple in my household during my junior high years (let the record show that was a number of years after the album was originally released. My mom bought a cutout). When it came out on CD in the '90s, I snapped it up.
The rest of this week's showgram included a bevy of new tracks and the '80s at 8:30 Christmas music with special guest Bunnyman.

New tracks
6 p.m. hour

Billy Nayer Show -- Reno
Southern Culture on the Skids -- Come As Your Are/ Lucifer Sam
Giant Sand -- Thin Line Man
John Wesley Coleman -- Get High Babe
Jonathan Richman -- If You Want to Leave Our Party Just Go
Small Black -- Goons
Black Dub -- Last Time

Recurrent (4-12 months old)

Yeasayer -- Rome

7 p.m. hour

Darker My Love -- Dear Author
Steve Wynn and the Miracle 3 -- On the Mend
The Black -- Freeway (Exile)
Viva -- What's Your Sign Baby
Brian Eno -- Flint March
Clinic -- Radiostory
Neil Young -- Rumblin
Margot and the Nuclear So and So's -- Let's Pain Our Teeth Green

8 p.m. hour

Marnie Stern -- Transparency is the New Mystery
Warpaint -- Bees
Deerhunter -- Coronado
Grinderman -- Evil
The Extra Lens -- Adultry

The 80s at 8:30

Timbuk 3 -- All I Want for Christmas
Ramones -- Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)
The Damned -- There Ain't No Santy Claus
Chris Stamey -- You're What I Want for Christmas
Joan Jett - Little Drummer Boy
Couch Flambeau -- Santa Claus Skips Cudahy
Basement 5 -- Last White Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment